The art of English tea: first, a splash or two of milk, then fill the mug with tea and add sugar. Walks in the English countryside are heavenly :) Of course, when you put the two photographers of the group together, things can get interesting...we won't go there...
I've really been loving our time here in England. I just want to thank God for everything He's putting into our lives right now...including tea time :) So many things are wonderful, but there are also the struggles and conflicts. I know He's got it all under control though, and He's not letting us fight our battles alone. In fact, there's a verse in 2 Chronicles that says, "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's."
Yesterday was a really difficult day for many people on our team. We will all be attacked at some point during this trip if we haven't been already - we understand that. But for some reason, yesterday carried a lot of spiritual strain. During a time of intense prayer, I just became so thankful for our team - not really being a "team" though, we're getting more and more like family. I'm so excited that God has put us all together so we can really be brothers and sisters! I'm so happy that we're able and encouraged to open up and tell each other about our doubts, fears, anxieties, and everything else :) we won't be judged for doing it, and we'll receive any and every kind of support and floods of prayer. Yes. Epic.
After I gave my testimony yesterday, we sang an old song. This song, I mean, it's nice, but it wasn't ever one on my Top 10 Hits :) But yesterday, the lyrics of that song just collided into my heart and mind. It was an incredible revelation...after every phrase, as you read it, just think hard about these lyrics. Almost everyone knows this song, but we just know it too well. This song will apply to everyone - all the time.
What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Privilege? I guess so...you can't do this with everybody. God is so faithful and so patient and so eager to hear everything we want to tell Him. Not just our griefs, but also our joys and praises! Please remember, you really do have a friend in Jesus. He's willing to put His arm around your shoulder and listen. You just have to sit down next to Him. :)
Please keep praying for our team. Big things are happening right now, literally. Pray for spiritual strength - and further than that, spiritual growth. Wisdom and perseverance too...and whatever else God lays on your heart. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment