I feel inspired to write about joy...I was so concerned from 'day one' when I was getting things together for this trip. Worried that I would be too busy to make the most of this mission...people are funny like that. Worry gets so consuming. But I am so relieved and glad to say that God has helped me to get past this problem. These few days - although they've been packed and intense - have been the most enjoyable days of my life. Literally. Why? Because I'm not forcing happiness...not squeezing it out of every situation and activity. If I've learned anything here, it's that joy really comes through serving the Lord. The more I focus on God, the happier I am...I know. At first, I thought it would never work - sounds way too cheesy. I was wrong...the joy of the Lord really is my strength! It's an incredible feeling that I've never experienced until now, but it's so powerful, I pray that all of you will be able to as well! I told Josiah today over tea that "I can hardly believe this...it really works!" :D But you have to keep up your end...commit time to God. Everyday. I've been reading a book by David Wilkerson and it says that we need to feed on the Word of God daily. There is never enough to carry you over into the next day. You need to sustain yourself with Spiritual nourishment every day.
I'd like you all to pray for our team for tomorrow night. We have our first 'real' concert! "Beats 'n Eats" :) We're performing all kinds of stuff from Arabic praise songs to Irish jigs. (And lots of things in between) We've been having a blast practicing, but I pray (and I ask you to as well) that we'd be able to reach the hearts of the people coming. I pray that they will understand that God loves any and every kind of worship we can give Him. He is worthy of every single note we play and sing...in any language - African, English, or French.
I keep becoming more and more certain that our Father is going to use us in phenomenal ways. We're leaving for France on Saturday also!! Please keep us in prayer! Thank you! God bless...
No comments:
Post a Comment