Friday, July 1, 2011

Music, Prayer, Fellowship...Intense.

So this will most likely come as a great shock to many of you...I have acquired a new respect and appreciation of Gospel music. I know, I know, since WHEN does Christianna like Gospel music?!? Now I didn't say that...I respect and appreciate it. :) Not so much for the style in itself or content of the music, but more for the quality. I found myself listening with rapture to the intensity, vitality, and sincerity of the Gospel singer's heart. Talk about powerful.

So I've been loving this music we're getting into, but really, I think one of the most amazing parts of this trip is prayer. We pray a lot here :) but we had the most incredible prayer session tonight.  At first, I admit, I was uncomfortable with praying in front of people I don't know well. But as I heard others pour their hearts out to the Father, I was just drawn into it...and I didn't really care what people thought of my prayer anymore. We must've spent an hour just letting everything - all our concerns, doubts, thanks, and praises - go to our Maker. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience. Awesomeness at it's peak.

Fellowship...through all of our meetings, Arabic lessons, Ethomusicology training, orientations, and just plain lunch, I've been getting closer to every member of the team. God has us all here for a unique purpose. One thing I've been noticing is actually an undeniable fact...and I'm kind of ashamed I haven't acknowledged it until now! Get ready...God is intense. Intense is a word we have used for a lot of things over the past couple of days, (i.e. intense music, intense experience we're going to have) but really, God is the ultimate definition of 'intense'. And I've only been here for a day and a half!! Wow. We are in for a really epic journey!! Keep praying people! Thank you!

1 comment: